We’ve all spent far more time at home in the last two years than we ever have before. We’ve given physical and mental health a lot of thought. How do you keep yourself and your loved ones healthy when the gym’s Fitness Equipment is not available? What about the sports equipment gathering dust in the garage? Some commercial playground equipment is now available to the public, but it can be difficult to socially distance yourself from it. There is good news! There are numerous ways to exercise in the safety and comfort of your own home!
This is Me
You look in the mirror and realise you’ve spent far too much time inside. Covid pandemic, thank you. So, what now? You want to be body positive while also being healthy. Where do I even begin? You don’t need to invest in a lot of expensive fitness equipment. You must develop a new routine, a long-term fitness plan, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Creating a New Habit – Starting a daily exercise routine can be difficult, but as Lao Tzu says, “a thousand miles begin with a single step.” Begin your new healthy habit with a specific goal in mind. Do you want to bulk up? Want to lose weight? Simply get in shape? Begin by researching the best exercises for that specific goal. Then, to establish an exercise habit, you should begin with a routine that is both enjoyable and attainable, something that you are confident you will do every day. Perhaps a walk around the neighbourhood or a few crunches before showering. Whatever you decide, commit to making fitness a daily habit for at least two months (sociology studies show the average time to establish a new habit is approximately 66 days). After two months of consistent exercise, you will be well on your way to a healthy lifestyle!
- Utilize Virtual Classes – There’s no reason to drag yourself to the gym and be humiliated by the pressure of mirrors and spectators. Personal trainers have come to you thanks to the Internet! With virtual classes and apps at your fingertips, you can try out the latest routines, try out new sports equipment, and even try your hand at dancing in the comfort of your own living room. Many of these online opportunities provide free trial periods, allowing you to try new things without committing to a membership. The only person in the audience who will raise an eyebrow at your amazing Zumba moves will be the cat.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet – Don’t go groaning and swiping left just yet! Nobody wants to hear the word “diet,” but you can handle it with the same tenacity that you demonstrated in your initial exercise strategy. After all, even minor changes can have a significant impact! For example, if you take the time on the weekend to prepare a few healthy snacks, you’ll reach for apple slices instead of candy on a hectic Monday. Consider replacing soda with seltzer and limiting your coffee and alcohol consumption. As you become more comfortable with healthy changes, consider using an app to track calories or working with a nutritionist to determine which meals will help you recover from your workouts.
- Drink Water Properly – Whether you’re working out or not, staying hydrated is critical to your body’s overall health. Aim to drink eight to ten glasses of water per day. If you find it difficult to drink so much water, try flavouring it with a little sugar-free juice or trying some of the sparkling waters available at your local supermarket.
- Stay Motivated – Everyone has moments where they feel tired or discouraged. Do you have a plan to keep yourself motivated during tough times? Write down your goals, post them where you can see them every day, and visualize your outcome. If you are still struggling, consider finding a workout buddy, or joining a fitness group app that will hold you accountable. Use that sense of community to inspire you! Text your friend when you feel down or video chat during the toughest workouts! It doesn’t matter if you are running the farthest or lifting the heaviest weights; what matters is that you show up and don’t quit. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius.
- Work Out Daily – Work. Exercise. Every single day. Even if it’s just a few planks or a quick walk to the end of the block. Commit to pursuing a movement-based lifestyle, even if your workout consists of lifting laundry jugs over your head twenty times or racing your child around playground equipment. Remember to set attainable daily goals. You may have time for the full hour routine on some days. On other days, you may only be able to fit in ten minutes of yoga before heading to work. In any case, you’re turning into a fitness warrior!
You’ve Got This
The road to fitness does not have to be paved with expensive equipment; you can set manageable goals and start your journey to wellness today! Because of the proliferation of virtual classes, personalised exercise regimens are now more accessible than ever. Your body will gradually become healthier once you have committed to long-term habits that work for you and your lifestyle.
Diane writes for Home Improvement, Playgrounds, Lifestyle, travel-related topics additionally; he had a passion for the recreation and design industry for more than ten years, Diane has become an experienced Redesign in this industry. His goal is to help people with his vast knowledge to assist them with his best suggestions about different activities: Playground Equipment at Club Hills – Shade Structures, Picnic Shelters.