In India, the design industry is booming. With its rapid and growing demand, more and more youths are choosing it as their career. Do you also want to make a career in the design industry? Similar to other entrance examinations, UCEED in design is a great option.
UCEED stands for The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design. It is a national-level exam conducted by IIT Bombay. From dates, admission forms, and eligibility criteria to tips and much more, here is everything you need to know about UCEED 2023.
Wondering about the UCEED admission form date? The UCEED 2023 application form has been made available on September 30, 2022. The online registration ends on 9th November 2022. However, for candidates with late fees, the registration date has been declared as 16th November 2022.
Besides, the availability of admit cards will start on 13th January 2023. For candidates who need to rectify any discrepancy in admit card, the last date has been set for 17th January 2023. 22nd January 2023 will be the date of the examination.
The availability of the draft answer key is 24th January 2023, while the date for correction of the answer key is 26th January 2023. The final answer key will be available on 30th January 2023. The cut-off marks for Part A will be announced on 9th February 2023 and the declaration of the result will be on 9th March 2023.
Wondering about the exam pattern for UCEED 2023? Do you really need UCEED Admission for it? Depending on your abilities and to help you decide clearly, here is the UCEED 2023 exam pattern :
- The UCEED exam will last for three hours.
- The English language will be used as the question paper’s medium.
- The question paper carries 300 total points.
- The exam will be broken up into two parts, Part A and Part B, respectively.
Exam Mode: Part A will be administered online (computer-based), and Part B will be administered offline (pen and paper).
- Part A will contain topics such as Visualization and spatial ability, Environmental and social awareness, Observation and design sensitivity, Analytical and logical reasoning, Design thinking and problem solving, and Language and creativity. While part B will include Drawing. You can gain further information from UCEED Study Material 2023 too.
The eligibility criteria for UCEED Admission include:
- Qualification– Candidates may take the UCEED entrance test if they have finished a class 12 or similar exam or if they’ll be appearing to take the class 12 exam.
- Age– Candidates for the general, open, OBC, or NCL categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1998, while those for the SC, ST, or PWD categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
- Attempt Limit– This exam may be taken a maximum of two times in successive years.
- Stream– Candidates from all academic disciplines, including science, business, the arts, and humanities, are eligible to take the exam.
To avail of the UCEED 2023 application form, candidates need to follow the given procedure :
- Step 1– Firstly, visit the official website and click on the registration link.
- Step 2– Then you will be redirected to a registration form. Here you need to create an applicant account. And for that, you will need to fill in details like a valid phone number and email address. Remember to provide genuine information only.
- Step 3– Once registration is done successfully, you’ll need to fill out the application form. This includes details such as valid contact information, qualification, and personal details.
- Step 4– Then upload all the required documents such as qualifying exam certificates, photographs, signatures, date of birth proof, etc.
- Step 5– Go through every detail you’ve mentioned. Recheck for any mistakes carefully. Now you need to pay the fee for the application form. As the payment will be done online, you can keep a receipt for future evidence.
When filling out the UCEED Admission 2023 form, the first thing to keep in mind is to avoid mistakes. Additionally, here are some other things to keep in mind :
- The application form can only be completed and submitted online.
- The information you will provide cannot be changed after the application form has been submitted.
- No application will be accepted after the due date, so every candidate must make sure to submit their application before the dates specified.
- Candidates may submit their applications until November 9, 2022, if paying the regular fee, and until November 16, 2022, if paying the late fee.
- Candidates must print out the confirmation page and include it with their proof of payment of the fee for further evidence.
As candidates will be submitting the UCEED Admission form online, the application fee too must be paid online mode only. Candidates can use various online payment modes such as Net banking, Credit cards, Debit cards, etc. Further information is as follows:
- Female candidates who are SC/ST must pay a registration fee of Rs. 1800. While every other candidate must pay Rs. 3600.
- Candidates who don’t register for the exam by the deadline will be charged a late fee of Rs. 500.
To help you score better, here is the last-minute guide for your UCEED 2023 examination :
- Avoid beginning any new topics because it is too late to try anything new in the final days before the exam. Instead, utilize the time to review previous UCEED Study Material.
- Practice mock exams and work through practice papers to exercise all the principles and broaden your problem-solving capabilities. This will also teach you how to manage your time.
- Go through your notes and important points quickly. Make sure to keep track of the key points in your notes.
- Keep your body and mind in top condition on exam day because only then will your brain, body, and body respond as you want them to. So make sure you stay healthy and hydrated.
- Don’t think too far ahead as it will help you keep the pressure at bay.